1. Venus is named after the Roman goddess of – love and beauty.
2. Venus is the second planet from the – Sun.
3. The third brightest object in Earth’s sky after the – Sun and Moon.
4. Venus is sometimes referred to as the sister planet to – Earth, because their size and mass are so similar.
5. Venus is the second largest – terrestrial planet.
6. Venus is sometimes referred to as the – Morning Star and Evening Star.
7. Venus takes 243 Earth-days to complete – one rotation.
8. Venus rotates in the – opposite direction to other planets.
9. Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system with an average surface temperature of – 462°C (863°F).
10. The estimated age of the Venusians surface is around – 300 – 400 million years old.
11. The atmospheric pressure of Venus is 92 times stronger than – Earth’s.
12. Venus is the only planet in the Solar System to be named after a – female figure.
13. Venus is the closest planet to – Earth.
14. Distance from Sun – 108,200,000 km
15. Length of day – 116d 18h 0m