1. Amsterdam – AmsterdamThe largest city and national capital of the Netherlands (Holland).
2. Ankara – Formerly known as Angora, second largest city and the national capital of Turkey.
3. Athens – Named after the Greek goddess Athena, the municipality of Athens is the national capital of Greece.
4. Atlantic City – Gaming Mecca of the East Coast, home of the Miss America Pageant, site of the world famous Boardwalk in the State of New Jersey.
5. Baltimore – Largest city in Maryland, USA.
6. Bangkok (Krung Thep) – Thailand’s national capital, its largest city and the country’s main cultural centre.
7. Beijing (Peking) – The national capital and second largest city of China.
8. Berlin – The largest city and national capital of Germany (Deutschland).
9. Berne (Bern) – The national capital city of Switzerland with an UNESCO recognized mediaeval city centre.
10. Brussels – The national capital of Belgium, sometimes called the European capital because the city houses main institutions of the European Union and is also the political seat of the NATO.
11. Budapest – Hungary’s capital city comprises of the hilly Buda on the west and the flat Pest on the east bank of the Danube River.
12. Buenos Aires – is the largest city and the national capital of Argentina.
13. Cairo – Located on the banks and islands of the Nile River in northeast Egypt, Cairo is the largest city in both Africa and the Middle East, the national capital of Egypt and a cultural centre of the Arab world.
14. Canberra – Australia’s planned capital city, founded in 1908, some years after the federation of Australian states into the Commonwealth of Australia in 1901.
15. Cannes – Famous city at the French Riviera, tourist attraction and host of the annual Cannes Film Festival.