1. The heart is located in the center of the – chest, usually pointing slightly left.
2. The heart pumps blood through the blood vessels of the – Circulatory system
3. Heart is divided into – four chambers (upper left and right atria; and lower left and right ventricles)
4. Commonly the right atrium and ventricle are referred together – as the right heart and their left counterparts as the left heart.
5. The heart is enclosed in a – protective sac, the pericardium, which also contains a small amount of fluid
6. The wall of the heart is made up of – three layers (epicardium, myocardium, and endocardium)
7. Hear is supplying oxygen and nutrients to the – tissues and removing carbon dioxide and other wastes
8. A human heart is roughly the size of – a large fist
9. The heart weighs between about – 10 to 12 ounces (280 to 340 grams) in men and 8 to 10 ounces (230 to 280 grams) in women.
10. The heart beats about – 100,000 times per day (about 3 billion beats in a lifetime).
11. An adult heart beats about – 60 to 80 times per minute
12. The heart pumps about – 6 quarts (5.7 liters) of blood throughout the body
13. The heart has two sides, separated by an – inner wall called the septum.
14. The right side of the heart pumps blood to the lungs to pick up – oxygen
15. The left side of the heart receives the oxygen-rich blood from the lungs and pumps it to – the body