1. Human Ear is a not only receives sound, but also aids in – balance and body position.
2. The ear is part of the – Auditory system.
3. The three parts of the ear anatomy are – The outer ear, The middle ear and The inner ear.
4. The outer ear consists of – the pinna, ear canal and eardrum.
5. The middle ear consists of – the ossicles and ear drum.
6. The inner ear consists of – the cochlea, the auditory (hearing) nerve and the brain.
7. The middle ear also connects to the upper throat via the – Eustachian tube.
8. The eardrum is a circle of thin skin about – eight to nine millimeters (one-third of an inch) in diameter.
9. The outer ear is the only visible portion of the – ear in humans and almost all vertebrates.
10. The stapes (Stirrup) bone is the smallest bone in the – Human body.
11. The human ear can generally hear sounds with frequencies between – 20 Hz and 20 kHz.
12. The function of the middle ear is Transforms sound waves into – Vibrations.
13. The function of the inner ear is Transmit vibrations to the – Brain.
14. The outer ear is called the pinna and is made of ridged cartilage covered by – Skin.
15. Otorhinolaryngology is the study of diseases of the – Ear, Nose, and Throat.